Costs & Ownership
Choosing the Lifestyle you want
If you need more than one reason to understand the appeal of retirement communities gaining key information helps to answer any nagging questions you and your family will have around choosing the best retirement village to suit individual needs and wants.
The retirement village lifestyle offers many benefits, including:
- The companionship and social interaction that thrives in a retirement village community
- The sense of safety enjoyed because of the added level of retirement village security
- The removal of the burden of home and garden maintenance
- The freedom to lock-up and go away on holiday without having to worry about your home
- Peace of mind, knowing there is assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to a range of facilities for the exclusive enjoyment of retirement village residents
It is important you choose the lifestyle you want when considering a retirement village. There may be things that are essential to you, that you want to find out more about before making your decision on which retirement village is right for you. Below are some examples to help you pinpoint what your own needs are:
- Social activities on offer and how much you would like to participate versus your need for privacy
- Outside space – do you like to do a little gardening?
- Location and proximity to shops, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants and transport options such as a close bus stop
- Family visits – do you have grandchildren you would like to come and stay?
- Pets – do you have a cat or dog that needs to keep living with you?
- Does your retirement village of choice also offer a care home if and when required in the future?