Questions We Are Often Asked
LifeCare Residences is an internationally renowned retirement community owner and operator, dedicated to creating lifestyles and environments that enrich the lives of its residents. LifeCare Residences currently owns and operates two retirement communities in New Zealand, Remuera Rise and Waiheke Retirement Village, and three retirement communities in England, Grove Place in Hampshire, Somerleigh Court in Dorset and Battersea Place in London.
The LifeCare Residences group is majority-owned and controlled by Cliff Cook. Cliff has over 30 year's experience in the New Zealand private healthcare industry. He was a Founding Director and shareholder of listed company and retirement village operator Metlifecare Limited. He is a founding and former Executive Member and Chairman of the Retirement Villages Association of New Zealand and a founding member of Residential Care NZ Inc.
The retirement village lifestyle offers many benefits, including:
- The companionship and social interaction that thrives in a village community.
- The sense of safety enjoyed because of the added level of village security.
- The removal of the burden of home and garden maintenance.
- The freedom to lock-up and go away on holiday without having to worry about your home.
- Peace of mind, knowing that there is assistance available 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to a range of facilities for the exclusive enjoyment of village residents.
Your new home comes with high-quality fittings and finishes and is well-appointed for your comfort, features include:
- Kitchen appliance package: single dish drawer, concealed rangehood, electric cooktop, wall oven.
- Laundry package: clothes dryer.
- Soft furnishings: carpet, drapes and roller blinds.
- Heating: individually controlled heat pump with concealed high-level vent to living area and master bedroom.
- Audio, video intercom system.
- 24-hour emergency call with two-way communication.
- Guest apartment.
The facilities at Remuera Rise are provided for the exclusive use of residents, their family and friends and invited guests of Remuera Rise.
The facilities include:
- Café and dining room
- Lounge and bar
- Library and study
- Arts and crafts room
- Billiards room
- Heated indoor swimming pool and spa
- Hair salon
- Village transportation
At Remuera Rise, we provide access to a range of optional, organised activities and regular events, offering you the freedom to be as active and as social as you choose. Whatever your interests, there will be something for you to enjoy.
The various activities that may be available include:
- Exercise classes e.g. Yoga, Tai Chi
- Aqua aerobics
- Happy hour
- Themed social events
- Quiz nights
- Movie evenings and matinees
- Hobby and craft classes
- Card Club e.g. Bridge
- Book Club
- Walking groups
- Regular shopping trips
- Organised social outings
Remuera Rise encourages residents to provide suggestions to further enhance the variety of activities offered.
Remuera Rise offers an enhanced level of safety; all apartments are fitted with the latest in emergency call technology providing access to assistance 24-hours, seven days a week.
Remuera Rise offers a full continuum of care which means that you can access additional domestic and personal care services as your needs change.
We offer a personalised approach to your care at home. Many things make home special, but it is the comfort and confidence you enjoy from living in your home that is important to us. At Remuera Rise, we are committed to building a relationship with you, to understanding your current needs and to providing services which support you to maintain your lifestyle at home. We can remove the burden of many of the chores and responsibilities that now consume your time and restrict your freedom.
We can assist you with those daily activities that aren’t as easy for you as they used to be, so you may continue to live independently in your apartment. Whether you require temporary support a few hours a week or more comprehensive 24-hour assistance, we can provide an array of lifestyle services to you in your apartment, tailored to your specific requirements.
Some of the lifestyle services available include:
- Medication reminders
- Personal care assistance
Advanced In-home Care
Our trained staff are able to provide advanced in-home care and support services should you require convalescence or long term care. A personalised care plan and related fees will be provided on assessment of your individual requirements.
In addition, Remuera Rise has a boutique hospital-level Care Home which provides a range of more specialist services, if required. The Care Home includes 12 care suites and a separate dining and lounge area for Care Home residents. Residents of the Village have priority access to the Care Home.
Your apartment is your own home so, naturally, you can have visitors at any time. However, your guests are not allowed to stay with you permanently. In each 12 month period you are only permitted to have all guests stay for a total period of 90 days. When accompanied by you or another village resident, your guests may use any of the Village facilities during their stay, except the gymnasium which is for residents use only.
Village life brings security and freedom to travellers. Your apartment is your home, and therefore you may come and go as you please. One of the many advantages of living at Remuera Rise is that you can go on holiday for a week, a month, or a year, with peace of mind - knowing that your home will be secure and maintained while you are away.
Residents are required to pay a Weekly Fee which is a contribution toward the general costs of operating Remuera Rise.
Examples of the costs covered by the Weekly Fee include:
- Council rates.
- Broadway Park Residents’ Society Levy.
- Insurances for buildings and other risks.
- Operating costs of the community facilities.
- General building maintenance and upkeep of community facilities.
- Staffing costs, including Village management.
The Weekly Fee, which is set at the time you enter Remuera Rise, is a fixed amount for your entire period of occupancy of your Apartment. The Weekly Fee will not be varied regardless of any changes to the operating expenses of Remuera Rise.
The Retirement Villages Act 2003 requires each retirement village to observe a Code of Practice which sets out minimum standards by which the Village must abide.
- Staffing of the village.
- Safety and personal security of residents.
- Fire protection and emergency management.
- Transfer of residents within a village.
- Meetings between residents and the operator.
- Complaints facility.
- Insurance requirements.
- Maintenance and upgrading.
- Process for terminating the Occupation Right Agreement by either the operator or resident.
- Resale and repayment process.
A copy of the Code of Practice will be provided to you when you complete an Application for an Occupation Right Agreement.
When you have made the decision to move to Remuera Rise, you will be required to complete an Application Form.
During the application process, we will take the time to discuss your situation and ensure that we have explained the way Remuera Rise will operate and answer any questions you may have. We will provide you with:
- a copy of the form of Disclosure Statement,
- a copy of the form of Occupation Right Agreement,
- our Complaints Policy,
- the Code of Residents' Rights, and,
- the Code of Practice.
You may also request a copy of the Deed of Supervision. We know it is a lot of reading, but we want you to be comfortable that, based upon the information provided, you have made the right decision.
We will also give you a medical form to take to your doctor to complete and for your doctor to confirm that a retirement village is a suitable place for you to live and for us to assess whether we will be able to accommodate any health issues you may have.
Should you require any further information, please contact us on:
09 523 0599